Saturday, August 8, 2009

Apprehension and Publication

Apprehension and Publication

I have had a few articles published in a local paper but I have never had to solicit publication in a professional resource where it will be viewed and analyzed by my peers. Our assignment did give me a brief apprehensive feeling but I realized that pursuing this would allow me to overcome this trepidation and quite possibly allow me to become more comfortable. It also makes me more willing to consider taking the time to get our group project published if we decide to go that route.

Writing is not a single draft attempt. There are no universal instructions for good writing. It is messy, complex and often difficult, requiring many revisions. As individuals continue to learn and stay involved in their chosen field of interest, they will become more knowledgeable and more proficient, leading to confidence and writing success.

2 comments:

TyshaMichel said...

Hi Jennipher,

I agree that it is a jump. I do not believe that my article fits into CVC so I think I will need to research the sites that it may fit on and how to submit it if possible.

Tysha

Unknown said...

Hi Jennipher,
I like that you mentioned our CVC assignment, and wrote, "It also makes me more willing to consider taking the time to get our group project published if we decide to go that route." I think that being published is a fabulous idea for your group, and that many future online students and teachers may benefit from your finished project.

I also agree that there must be a lot of editing, and that writing takes time, effort, and plenty of revisions! I think peer editing is great because peers can catch mistakes or offer suggestions that we as writers may not have thought about.

Erica Y.